Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thursday posting

What idea(s) have you had about using web 2.0 tools?

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved being able to play with everything we learned today. I have so many ideas for class, from using the blog as a central "webpage" location for class, to having individual wiki spaces for groups.

Tomorrow, I would love to do more playing and creating.

Thank you!

kathyr said...

What idea(s) have you had about using web 2.0 tools?
I like the idea of using blogging for math journals and having students write about a math problem that they DIDN'T understand, then have other students try to help them.
I also have a STRONG desire to leave here having created a MATHCAST. I plan on using mathcasts in all my math classes next year.

Anonymous said...

I have found training videos for my students to use during their water quality research in September and I have located and tagged (to coordinate with my teaching units) in Delicious the first in a series of podcasts for my students to listen to and then I hope to have a blog where they can post their comments. I am not sure if I shoud use moodle instead for their feedback so I can evaluate it.
So I need to learn how to create a blog and link it to the podcast so a student can complete the task in one place.

Anonymous said...

it's me again...but just me.

Spirit Team said...

I'm excited to use them on our team website as a way to interact with and get information out to our families. It will also be a great tool to make families aware of interesting sites that connect to and support our themes/units in school.

Anonymous said...

I am excited to use a blog in my classroom to replace my weekly newsletter and having students be a part in writing up the posts.

It was great to be able to update my wiki that I started this past year and feel much more comfortable using it.

The del.icio.us bookmark account is wonderful. I'm excited to have access to this.

Thanks for giving us these great tools to use in our classrooms!

Katie said...

Wow--I feel like I learned so many new things in just a few hours! From blogging (one is set up--sort of) to finding links using Youtube, to keeping track of my sites--pretty cool stuff-- a bit overwhelming, but I think I just need to keep playing and working with what I just learned.

Thank You!

Bill Rich said...

Diana and Allegra say:
Alot of information this morning but happy to have time to process and work on projects in the afternoon. Looking forward to more time tomorrow.

Thanks for the food in the morning!

Thank You!

cvumarsh said...

I liked being able to try out the things we've learned. I used delicious a lot and got a lot of sites ready for both myself and my classes. I need to figure out the best way to present that to a class; like on a web page? I'm not sure. I think a blog with a question for the day or the week would be great instead of journals--I just hate collecting all that paper. I did create a blog, now what do I do with that? Looks like my question is, I have these pieces, how do I put them together or where do I put them together? Thanks.

Mrs.Conry said...

I though about using blogs for my newsletter. After becoming very frustrated I shifted gears and began working on a blog for my candidate forum. I feel much better with this attempt.

Being able to work and play has been very helpful to me. I hope I can make a little more progress tomorrow.

I'm definetly excited about the possiblities for my classroom next year.

carol grau said...

Ilike the fact that I now know how to Blog. I am making a blog sight so that I will be able to connect with the other ELL teachers. I am instructing them on what blogging is all about, how to blog each other so that we can read all the questions we all have, and add and delete important information. This way we won't have to call each other as much if there is a problem or something new enters our world of ELL.

I wish I have the chance and time to work with my students, both in and out of their classes, incorporating all the different technology we have been learning in this workshop.

Vasanthi said...

I am excited about collaborating with other teachers in our supervisory union using web 2.0 tools to enhance student learning. The hands on work time today was most meaningful to work through easy pasrts of the process and frustrating parts. I think using wikis and blogs will give parents more information about what happens during the school day and young students will be learning how to work with others.

It has been fun to create the tolls we will be using next year.

Amy Wardwell said...

I really appreciated all the time we had to experiment with these new tools! I feel like I left with a real concrete accomplishment today...the beginning of a blog which I envision as my "homepage" for students and parents. I have a page full of ideas about how to use these new tools!

I wish that tomorrow we get time to continue this dabbling! It really helped me to work at my own pace and have someone around to help me troubleshoot as my individual need arose....Oh yeah and Elvis should be ready for viewing tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Ideas for Web 2.0 tools

I have lots of ideas and am having trouble focusing in on 1 to start with.

Using google docs for students to write a collaborative portfolio problem

Using Blogs for a Math Journal or to write a math reflections

Using blogs as a discussion place for students reading a science or math themed novel

Using a Wiki to organize a unit for myself

Using a Wiki to coordinate our middle school meetings (if others are agreeable)

etc

Anonymous said...

I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with all of the new tools and their uses. I have only just begun to identify a couple of uses for them in my classroom. I keep reminding myself that I need to choose a couple (even one?) of things, and work on them. So, I have begun to set up a delicious account for my Microbiology class. I'm excited to see how it will evolve ...

Tracey D'Amato said...

Wow! I'm getting sucked into blogging and how to set it up. I feel like I spent 4 hours figuring ideas out and only now it's all coming together. I'm thinking of creating one for the team. That way we can get a lot of parent feedback on end of the year field trips and other "larger team discussions." I also think it would be great to create links to all the team teacher's so they each could have their own blog. Thanks for giving me all the time to play.

I'm not as confident on Wikis, although I haven't really played with them as much.

Hopefully we can have more "play" time tomorrow instead of large group discussion for the first hour of class.

Thanks for all the opportunities.

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed having the time to spend exploring everything. It's so rare to be given the gift of time. I plan on using a blog as the main webpage for my class next year, with weekly posts instead of emailing out weekly letters. I want to use a wiki with my class as we explore our social studies and science themes. I keep seeing applications for web 2.0 things in working with my teammates and with parents. It's still hard to envision how to incorporate them into projects with first/second graders, but we'll get there.

Deborah Newell-Robinson said...

I originally thought I wouldn't be interested in the social bookmarking, but once we got into it, I realized what a valuable tool this is. I plan to do some online searching this summer and, of course, bookmark the sites I want to return to and use during the school year. I think blogging will be great for my classes to discuss both the course material and how the class is going for them.
I've really enjoyed learning about things I didn't even know existed and having time to play around with them!