Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Wednesday feedback

You've had one day of class. Please respond to this post by giving a statement that begins "I wish...." and a statement that begins "I like...." that describes your thoughts about today's workshop.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like how applicable everything is to the classroom. I can already imagine dozens of ways to use what we learned.

I wish we could spend even more time "playing" and creating actual systems to use. (but I think it's been a great balance of instruction and play time so far!)

Thanks,
Emily

Spirit Team said...

I like my new camera.
I wish I could have two.

Ms. D said...

I wish ...

- I had enough computers for every student in my class.
- there was a way for my students to have accounts that I could manage somehow.


- I like the idea of using google docs for students to do a group project.

Amy Wardwell said...

I like how the class is very "hands on". We have lots of time to play with the applications and hardware to see how they work.

I wish that...hmmm I don't know! I like how everything is going so far.

Great Job!
Amy

dburritt said...

I like the time given to work on a project with a smaller group. Not only did I learn the application, I met teachers in our District.

I wish I knew the difference between a blog, and a wiki!

Tracey D'Amato said...

I like exploring and playing with google docs. I'm sure the kids will love it too. I also like my camera - it's a fun new toy.

I wish my entire team could be here.

Thanks,
Tracey

Anonymous said...

I like the balance we've had of hands-on and the activity this morning that forced us to use things ourselves and problem-solve. I love the camera! I wish (look forward to) the time we will have to brainstorm applications for all of this with our students with others who teach similar age children.

Unknown said...

I like working with teachers from across the district, and from various grades.

I wish that I had some concrete examples of how this could be used in the classroom.

M Willmott said...

I like the group work, the food, the atmosphere, the amount of help available. I wish the presentation was a bit more organized. I personally would like to have some of the step by step instructions on paper.

Vasanthi said...

I like the time we have had today to create our own igoogle pages. I am excited about using what we have seen today, blogs and other applications to use with children. I loved learning about Mitch Resnick and his work to keep children playing but keeping with the tecnology world.

I wish I hadn't signed my teammate to be here with me. She is hindering my learning.

Anonymous said...

I liked working with my heterogeneous group on our multi-editors task.

I wish I could learn how to insert videos, applets and podcasts.

Katie said...

I like. . . I like the google docs--I need to play with it more, before I assign it as a task for my students. I believe it will be helpful with many activities as students work together to create a final document. Pretty cool technology!

I wish. . . I wish I was more advanced in terms of technology. It feels a bit scary at the moment. I am sure with lots of practice, I'll be more comfortable.

Anonymous said...

I like the google doc program we worked with. I also like that we are going to learn how to use the Flip video and hopefully how it can be used the classroom.

I wish there was a program like google doc that we could use at the younger level where they would not need an e-mail account to use it.

Corinna said...

I wish that I would have had a little more time to try and create a page for my students to use next year and maybe a little more on video and podcast in general because I am not familiar with these.

I like the camera and though that the day was a good balance of demonstration and letting us play.

Mrs.Conry said...

I wish more of my teammates could have joined me during this course. I hope I can bring back new knowledge to the. (Charlie thanks for being on-call)!

I loved the camera! I like the way the course is about learning and playing!
Mindy (21st century teacher)

Carolina Rodriguez said...

I like the project to create a Google Doc. I learned to link by using the text to get into the link. I also learned to share the document with 5 other people.
I like that I now have an Igoogle account and I can custumize it.

cvumarsh said...

I like the explanations of everything so far. Everyone has been really helpful.

I wish I could see examples of how to apply this specifically to curriculum.

kathyr said...

I like having the time to explore new tools and brainstorm ways to 'fuse' technology into the curriculum. It is nonthreatening and low stress!!!

I wish I had more time during the school year to do this type of networking!

thanks for this opportunity!
Kathy

Deborah Newell-Robinson said...

I liked the experience of creating the google.doc with a group that I did not know previously. This let me know how students will feel working as a group on the same document. I now have some information that will be helpful for students to know before they create a document like this for an assignment.

I wish my whole department had attended so we could share ideas and brainstorm together about the uses of this technology.

Julie said...

I wish that my team were here. How are we ever going to find the time for me to teach them? Charlie? Inservice?

I really like working with others within the district and varying grade levels. Having an opportunity to play with new technology is a treat as well!

Tracey D'Amato said...

Hi there,

I just want to post another comment to see if I pop up as "My First Try" or something else.

thanks,
Tracey

Bill Rich said...

I like how everyone is helpful and patient. Great balance of specific instruction and hands on.

I wish I knew more!